Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chiyya Tutu

I always try to ask Aryan about his day at the day care. Thats a different story that he had not been able to tell me much really,except for some nods to my questions.

Last week though ,I initiated the topic , when he was lying between both of us , just before the sleep. He told me a full story with full animation and eye movements. All I could get was "Chiyya","TuTu" and that he got hurt under his chin.

The next day I asked his Paati (Care Taker in day care) that did he break any toy yesterday. And I was amused to hear what she told me. She told me that Aryan and another kid were pulling a bird toy from both sides and the toy broke into two pieces and Aryan got hurt under his chin , due to the jerk. And that she made them say sorry to each other and do a hand shake.

So that was indeed our first communication where he gave me some feed back about his day at the day care. A milestone , I don't know if it is , but sure a big success and relief for me.

Now another aspect of the story that he has not been able to forget the incident. And everytime I talk to him about the day care , he ends up telling , "Chiyya Tutu" , meaning "Bird Broke". I am yet to figure out why is he not being able to forget the same.

Parenting is not easy , I tell you.

(This post has been written here as well , just the conversation part. The parenting blues come as part of "Whats on My Mind".)

5 comments:

~nm said...

Who told you it was easy?? :D

But good to know that 'conversations' have started. And I can tell you they are going to be so much fun as the time goes by. I'm sure reading Anirudh's blog, you know it already :)

Smokin Joe said...

Yup.. i agree.. parenting is tough.. I think about my parents. and i think.. How the hell were they able to tolerate me! ;-) ;-)

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Well kids are like that I guess, that he's saying it so often doesnt really mean anything if you ask me. It's just that he managed to communicate something to you, and he probably liked your reaction to it. So he may be repeating it. Or he may just like the words.

But parenting yeah, who said it would be easy!?

Aryan-Arjun said...

good sign dear..keep prompting more
AM

PG said...

I like poppins explaination a lot. And isn't it fun to be able to communicate with Aryan. Enjoy it.
Yes, it's tough, being a parent. And don't think ever that you will one day know everything about parenting. We keep growing and learning as parent every day. So, it's OK!