Monday, May 19, 2008

And We Met !

Yes, we met !!

Obsessive about puntuality and overwhelmed with excitement , I was the first one to reach. As I pressed the door bell , I was greeted by a lovely lady, with a beautiful warm smile. And then came the little one jumping around. Yes , Aargee's little bundle of joy. The house was neat and beautifully decorated. The lady had made proper arrangement for the entire gathering. As we sat and sipped our cold drinks. After about 15 minutes the door bell rang again and again. Soon there was a room full of energetic ladies , laughing and chatting in excitement.

As they entered , I figured out that how bad I was with my imaginations. Except for Abha , Kiran and Poppin's Mom (Since I had seen their pics) , I could not make out who is who.Poppin's Mom still does not look like a MTB , even in her 7th month , unless you know the fact and focus on her tummy. Kiran should not be believed when she talks about her double chin and her tummy. JLT looks like directly from school and you need to be shocked when she tells you that she has a four year son. She was as bubbly as she sounds on phone with a magical voice. Mama Mia is sweet, friendly and full of life. Aryan loved the book she got for him and also the cap. COS was calm and simple. And she resembles KT , okay vice versa :-D. Glad that she came exceot for all the problems with health. CD , who was new to the gang , made her self comfortable. She has a lovely smile and a familiar face. So familiar that each of us felt like she is a long lost sister :-) Bangalore Mom was so friendly and jolly that you would feel that you know her from ages.

We did not know that it was already past 2 hours before the lunch arrived. The lunch was yummy and we realized that we can still chat for an hour before we go. And so we did. So in all we chatted and chatted for 4 hours , about kids, schools, in laws, husbands, weight , maid, Bangalore and everthing under the sun. And it was the time when our husbands started calling , thinking that we might decide for a ladies night out , if they don't call us :D.

Hope to see you all again soon :)

13 comments:

~nm said...

Thats such a lovely round up of the meet!

I had such a laugh at the hubbies calling up line!

Good to know that you all had so much fun!!

Mama - Mia said...

:)

we did have such an awesome time!! pity i had to leave l'il early!! but then least i made it!!

three cheers to bloggers meet!! hope to do it again! soon!!

cheers!

abha

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

I know what a blast we had na? Oh God I'm waiting to do my own post on this!

Pixie said...

Wow! Its sounds like you had so much fun!! :-)
Can I mail you at the Id you have mentioned - myamusingmind@gmail.com ?
If yes, just drop a note here or at my space :-)
Since I haven't yet disclosed my actual name on my blog - will mail u - either tonight or tomorrow night. no access to gmail at work
(Dont know why though - half the people who read my blog are friends!)

BangaloreMom said...

I had a BLAST!!

Cannot wait to do it again...:D

BangaloreMom said...

Oh..and have done a post about this on my blog as well!!

K 3 said...

Sounds fun!!

Noobcode said...

lovely timepass for the ladies..

in fact i once adviced my mom to go for a social meet..

she did and so did she enjoyed..

i like to see her in joyful mood..

hey but i don't know what ya ppl talk for 4 hrs...

i am sorry, but that's too much for the jaw and the teeth and the mouth..

whooosh..guess i wnt understand the ladies..

anyways, i don't have to get involved in the "ladies" thing...right???

Aryan-Arjun said...

Cool you guys met and had a gala time...
AM

Anonymous said...

Have fun. With chocolate cake n all. Me J !!

Collection Of Stars said...

I too had loads of fun. I cannot remember the last time I met up with a bunch of ladies and had such a riot.
Your cake topped it all :)
I love it when somebody says that KT resembles me (or vice versa ;)).
So, *Hugs* to you :)

Anonymous said...

I had a blast! and that was a loverly cake Swati! we should do this more often

Trishna said...

WOW sounds lovely!!