Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Movie and A Prayer

Taare Zammen Par , its too late to write a review for the movie. And I am sure, I will not be doing any justice if I attempt also. Last weekend we got a chance to see the movie and both of us were touched somewhere deep inside.

Dyslexia is something which I heard recently but the movie and the TV programs and articles after the movie definitely helped me understand it better. But Dyslexia or No Dyslexia , the point here is that we do not try to understand the real problems with our kids and just keep comparing them with siblings or kids in neighborhood. Why talk of someone else , even I do at times , unconsciously. For example , Ohh , Aryan is speaking only 5 words , the other kid in the building speaks so many. Ohh..Aryan is still not potty trained , XYZ is. WHY ?? When his doctor said its normal , why do I compare ?

Its natural I guess to some extent , else how would you know when it is NOT normal.But I think we need to watch the extent to which we compare and watch what we do after we compare. Do we panic , do we put pressure on our kids , do we crib and curse our kids? The movie tells us what should be done. It tells that our kids too like to be the best in what they do , and if they are not then there is a reason to that.It also tells us that everyone cannot be at the top and we have to accept our kids as they are , with all our love.

Another thing that touched me is the fact that , our little kids trust us and love us more than we think they do. They can bear anything in the world , but not an indifferent behavior of their parents. The song "Tujhe Sab hai Pata ..Hai na Ma" made me shiver and sob at the same time.

I was left in an ocean of thoughts and emotions after the movie. And I could conclude only with a prayer, please God give me the wisdom and strength to fulfill my responsibility as a parent, with complete sincerity and dedication.


2 comments:

K 3 said...

I still have to watch TZP (no DVD out here yet - it almost takes them 4-5 months ... SUCKS!) but I see your point abt comparisons - had written something abt it very long ago ... but I guess its part of mommyhood. And like you said "And I could conclude only with a prayer, please God give me the wisdom and strength to fulfill my responsibility as a parent, with complete sincerity and dedication." Amen!

Aryan-Arjun said...

I will watch it today...I am in that kind of mood today..
AM