Thursday, March 13, 2008

Am I still human ?

Feeling a little sad today. Morning I saw an accident. One girl fell down from a bike due to bad poth holes(created by recent pipe line work).She had a head injury. She was holding her head tight. My husband said , she was unconcious. The guy with her and a few people were trying to help. We were on the other side of road. We halted for a minute and then went ahead.We were running late as always. People were honking on both sides of roads. No one wanted a traffic jam. What if I was in her place?

Is that , in our busy lives we all have left humanity far behind. Good that their were some human beings to help the lady.


2 comments:

~nm said...

I can say for sure that if you hadn't seen anyone help her, you and your hubby both would have gotten out to help her even if you were running late. So don't think "Am I still human?" just because you didn't help her.

Timepass said...

Really sad. Sometimes we truly want to help out but are unable to do so..I have had that guilt feeling few times..