Wednesday, October 3, 2007

So how was the Birth Day ?

So how did the Day go ? Well , quite an eventful day. Aryan planned to wish me before he sleeps , and so he was awake till 12.30 am. Both father and son wished me before they slept. Aryan was colic in the wee hours and so I could not have a good sleep.

There was a training planned in office and so I had to be there by 9.00 am. But the maid did not turn up. So the day started with cleaning of utensils. We had some guests for dinner last night , so you can guess how it was. Admist of washing utensils , I attended the phone calls from friends and family. The made tuned up suddenly when I was half way through , but I was already late for the cab. Anupam was nice enough to drop me to office. Meanwhile I received a big bouque of red roses from my darling husband. I was not expecting this at all and hence delightfully surprised.

When I reached office , I was told that the training has been cancelled :( It was disappointing since I planned my week based on this. In office by lunch everyone in the team could recall one after the another that it was my Birthday and wished me. In the evening my Boss ordered for a BIG cake and we all enjoyed and I took loads of it home too.

On the way back , I visited temple with Anupam. We planned for a dinner out, but when we reached home , Aryan was sleeping. So we waited and waited till he woke up. Finally we left for dinner at 9.00 pm. Got a place till 9.30 pm. My in laws were not too happy with the choice of restaurant and that again was a mood depressor but food was great and it refreshed us all. Aryan enjoyed the dinner , esp the Panneer Tikka , Naan and Tandoori roti :) We were back home by 11.00 pm.

So ..that was it, a lovely but eventful day with loads of ups and downs :)

5 comments:

RJ said...

I have been a lurker on your blog for a while now. Wish you a belated happy birthday!

~nm said...

What a way to start the bday..cleaning utensils..tough luck girl! Good that the maid turned up even though midway!

Where are the pics from the b'day?

Timepass said...

Glad that u enjoyed ur bday ( with the usual daily ups and downs)

Swati said...

rj : Thanks and Welcome :)

nm : We hardly clicked any pics :)

Timepass : Thanks

Pixie said...

Belated Birthday wishes! Good to know that you enjoyed your day even with all its ups and downs... :-)