Monday, July 14, 2008

And We Met ...AGAIN!

The planning for the party started more than a month ago and Poppin's Mom volunteered to host it. The date was decided when Tharini announced her visit with dates. People raised hands to join the party and we were more than 15 bloggers in the list ,


Aargee , our host of the last time , Abha a.k.a Mamma Mia , aka.Monica , COS , Noodlehead . 6. Choxbox, Compulsive Dreamer, D, Orchid: a.k.a Orchie, Bangalore Mom , JLT , Tharini , Usha and Sue.


Pretty tempting isn't it , to meet so many new people and catch up with the ones I met last time.


It was different this time for , it was on a weekend, kids were invited as well and plus it was open for husbands too :) But I was never sure I would make to it because


It was quite far and I have never been to that part of city. Reaching there in auto / taxi with Aryan was quite a task for me.

Not many husbands were joining and so I ws not sure of taking Anupam along and making him feel out of place.

Aryan developed severe cough and cold from last sunday and it was going worse day by day.

I feel guilty to go out for fun leaving Aryan behind on a weekend(if I decide so). Plus Aryan wants to be with me and considering the distance , I would be almost 4-5 hours. And who wants to come back to an irritated husband and toddler after such an nice evening.


So I was never sure I will go. But then I never said NO to PM because

  • I did not want to loose a chance to meet everyone , esp the people who came from out station and who did not make it last time , like Tharini , Sue , Usha , Shruthi etc.
  • I wanted Aryan to socialize and have fun.
  • And BECAUSE I WANTED TO GO. PERIOD.


  • Abha came to my resort by saying that atleast her hubby would join for sure. And so Anupam would atleast have some company in PM's and Abha's Hubby. Aryan's cough was still a problem. On thursday I almost decided to call up PM and say NO , because I did not want to go with a sick baby. Anupam asked me to wait till saturday morning and see if he improves.

    But PM called me on friday evening to ask me if I am picking up something for the party and I shamelessly said, "NO". I did not even ask her , if I should for the fact that I was not sure about my own plan. She did ask me if I was coming and I shared my problem with her and just toold her that I would let her know tomorrow if I am not coming. Now that was bad on my part..Sorry PM..please you do not mind.

    OKAY ..I know I am supposed to talk about blog meet ..but you need to know the background as well :)


    So Saturday , we headed towards the venue, a party hall on terrace at PM's place. On the way I got a sms from Abha , to ask me if I am coming and that I should come fast. I replied that I need a helicopter to avoid the traffic :) Anyways , we reached at 4.15 PM , lesser than expected time.

    In the lift I met CubbyR and his dad and believe me CubbyR is so so so cute :) So we landed up in a room full of ladies and kids. All of them playing around. Nice tasty food was served , including Samosas , Puffs , Chips , Cutlets , Cold drinks and a Yummicious Choclate cake. The cake was the yummiest cake I ever had. (Whoever got the cake , please let me know from which bakery was it ..please) And Pasta for the kids , which Aryan loved!

    I made self introduction to the people whom I never met and when Sue told me her real name , I asked her to please tell me her blog name for me to connect :P

    Time just passed chatting , eating and playing with kids. PM got bubble makers for the kids and since Aryan saw that for the first time he was fascinated. In attempt to make bubbles on his own , he resulted in a head bath :) COS was sweet enough to make bubbles for the kids. And KT took Aryan by hand to play with her.

    Aryan made friends with CubbyR and BonBon also and they played along. Aryan's favourite aunties were Abha , Noodlehead and COS.



    Outside , on the terrace were some swings and it was a treat for the kids. All of them played along and a blast. Breeze was nice and so we enjoyed chit chatting as the kids played.





    About the people , well you know all of them well and some of them ofcourse I wrote about last time as well, but still I would like to mention the little details that formed memories for me.
    Tharini , she is a simple, quiet and smiling person. Frankly I never imagined her to be an introvert person. But when she talks to you, she is a great listener. Winkie is an energetic kid. He ran around the entire place. Made friends with the men. And he told me, "Let us play. What shall me play" :-)



    Sue was beautiful, tall and slim and full of energy. She was looking stunning in the sari and she made me feel envious. Her son was quiet but naughty and cute :)

    Aka Monica's son was the youngest baby and he least wanted his mom. He was happy playing with all the aunties.



    D got her elder daughter along and she found a company in winkie. Both of them had a nice time.
    COS , I must say was the only mom (of older kids) who spent most of her time with the kids. KT was such darling that any words are less for her. She gave me a hug and a kiss :) COS got goody bags for the kids as well.

    I never met NoodleHead before , not do I read her much(confession) but she was easy to gel with.(I would read now :)) Her daughter was looking like a princess on earth. I managed to click 3 pics of her :)

    Abha and M form a sweet and jolly couple and little CubbyR is a darling. CubbyR and Aryan had a race on their fours :)




    Poppin was a quiet , sophisticated , ever smiling kid. She was on her own all the time and never messed up with any of the kids. I managed to shake hands with her and I came to know that she is fond of jewellary. PM , please put a kala tikka for her , I loved her chubby cheeks :)

    PM and her hubby were great hosts. They had a perfect place for the party of its kind.We had so much that we skipped dinner and they packed for us as well. Thank you so much.



    We missed a lot of people like BM, JLT, Usha, CD, Shruthi, Choxbox and Orchie. You were missed badly ladies :(

    Special thanks to my dear husband , who gifted me such a nice evening. It would not have been possible without his support.

    19 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Where be the bum shots that Sue was talking about last night ? You girls had a right proper blast - !

    ~nm said...

    Waah! Kya masti!

    A wonderful round up of the event! I was sad that there were no food pics despite so much raving about it!

    Aryan and CubbyR look sho cute!!

    When do we see rest of the pics?

    the mad momma said...

    what fun!! the terrace looks awesome and I am completely jealous :D

    Mama - Mia said...

    :)

    it was indeed so much fun!! and that was an exhuastive account Swati!! juts perfect!! :)

    and Cubby got so much footage too! hehe!

    loved MEETING Aryan finally!! :)he is a cutiepie!! wanting to crawl with Cubby was so adorable!! hehe!

    hope to see ya soon!! :)

    cheers!

    abha

    Collection Of Stars said...

    Great write up :)
    It was lovely meeting Aryan and Anupam. Aryan is so cute and he looks just like you.
    I too had loads of fun with all the kids.

    Sue said...

    When I'm a hotshot authoress you can do PR for me!

    I have to tell you, taking a shot of D, I ended up with an inadvertent one of your bum. :) Want me to post it? Nice bum it is, too.

    Vidooshak said...

    It was nice to meet all the lovely mommies. Thanks for having invited us (although now I see the background was merely to get Vijay some company... hmmmm). All the blog-stars were such cute kids. Am sure whatever else Cubby will lack, he will never have shortage of friends with so many kids. The best part is, all these kids share such a legacy with their antics being blogged in a common space....

    This was a beautiful write up. The pictures and description made us relive the wonderful afternoon!

    We were so pooped by end of it. I am amazed how Poppin's Mom held up!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Nice write up Swati! What fun, shows on the face :)
    But I am J, very much!

    Unknown said...

    Awesome! And you guys didnt miss me?????

    Mystic Margarita said...

    Great pics. and wonderful write-up, Swati! Hope to meet all of you some day, too!

    Monika said...

    Wow......looks like a great meet. :)

    Trishna said...

    Wowwwwwwww the meet sounds amazing!!

    WhatsInAName said...

    Bengaluru should be renamed to Blogaluru. Its such a happening place.
    I am greeen once again :P
    Lovely account and lovely pics. Kids seem to be having a gala time!
    Wonderful :)

    BangaloreMom said...

    WAAAAAHHHHH!!!! I am soooo J!! And am feeling more miserable by the minute for not being able to make it. :((

    Noodlehead said...

    great account, girl! almost like i was back at the party :D btw, confession from me too - i hadn't been to your blog before i met you ;) but i will come back for more of aryan.

    he's such a darling, Bonbon completely loved him. I think he was the only baby she shook hands with :D

    Swati said...

    Eve's : Yeah .:)

    ~nm : Thank you ! And stop thinking about food !

    MM : Terrace was awesome , even I was J.

    Mama-Mia : Cubby deserved this and more :) Yeah , looking forward to meeting you !

    COS : Thanks :)


    Sue : Your PR , my pleasure :)

    Vidooshak : Our pleasure , BTW his name is Anupam :)

    ddmom : Come over and we will do another one !

    Kiran : Aww..we miss you all the time ;-)

    Mystic Margarita : Thanks , When do we meet ?

    Swati said...

    Monika&Ansh : :)

    Trish : Thanks

    WhatsInAName : "Bengaluru should be renamed to Blogaluru." Nice Idea !

    BangaloreMom :Aww..

    Noodlehead :Welcome to my place girl ! your kiddo is a cutie !

    Usha said...

    I missed you all too Swati - but believe me I tried my best. It was so impossible with6 people making demands on my time and a mehndi function to attend.
    But you made up for it by gicing such a detailed update and the pics which are a bonus. At least I know most of the kids now. :)
    Next time for sure.

    mummyjaan said...

    Hi, Swati. Very interesting to read about it all.

    And it sure makes me jealous :)!