Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What an Idea Sir Ji

I am sure all of you in India ould have noticed Idea Cellular advertisements, featuring Abhishek Bachhan. I must say they are among the most innovative advertisements of the recent times.

The one, where a Panch of the village orders people to be identified with their mobile numbers rather than castes.Addresses a big problem of leaders winning elections due to their caste.

The one, where a deaf and dumb communicates through sms. Tells you that being differently abled doesnot stop you from enjoying the life.

And the recent one ,sees Abhishek as the head of an educational institution. When challenged by the traditional, physically bound classroom methodology that prevents spread of education, he uses mobile telephony to overcome the barrier.

Advertising is all about innovation. And if advertising comes with a social message , nothing like that.Whoever is the brain behind these campaigns , I would like to say to him , "What an Idea Sir ji"


Could not find the image/video of the latest campaign. Read about it here.

5 comments:

Liripoop said...

An ad that stops and makes you think is doing it's job. I haven't seen these ads but the fact that you have been moved to blog about them means that someone in an ad agency somewhere is doing something right.

Smokin Joe said...

Yup.. amazing ads.. However for some reason, i stil am with airtel! ;-)

Ekta said...

I havent seen these ads since I dont live in India but I am quite fond of the indian ads..after having seen the ads in other countries I think some of the indian ads are quite awesome!

Monika said...

Only yesterday me & hubby were praising the recent one abt educating thru mobile.... quite im-practical but "what an idea sir ji" :)

WhatsInAName said...

Not seen this. Will chk out! But I have stopped liking Abhishek these days! :(