Friday, July 11, 2008

When I think of friends...

When I think of friends,
And of the oldest
Can't think beyond two, the best.

The ones who have seen me grow,
And have stood by me in the highs and lows,

The ones who have spent those sleep less nights,
To see smile all the while,

The ones whom I have let down a thousand times,
But who say I am wonderful and nice.

The ones whom I told my deepest fears,
And the ones whom I will think of when death is near,

Do I have to say , who are they ?
I think you know and so do they.

Thanks Mummy and Papa.

P.S : I saw oldest friend on Sunday scribblings. I thought of all my friends who have been with me for long. I thought my husband , who has been by my side for 3 years. But then when you say oldest , by age or by time ..no one else qualifies :-)

Thanks for bearing with my horribe poetry ;-)

19 comments:

Monika said...

Aww.......such a sweet poem. You are right.......no one else qualifies.

Mama - Mia said...

true true!!

and cool poem! :)

cheers!

abha

rebecca said...

isn't that the true!

~nm said...

This is so lovely!

I didn't know there was a poet hidden inside there! :D

anthonynorth said...

Nothing horrible about that. A lovely testament.

Anonymous said...

So affectionate. A lovely read.

Lilibeth said...

You need to let them see this. Every year I appreciate my parents more...as I learn how intense parenting becomes. I thought I would worry less when my children were on their own, but no. Now I realize how much my own parents are still waiting for me to call.

Whitesnake said...

Lovely sentiments

Surya, the Ayrus! said...

Aha... thats a nice one.. even i wroe for he same prompt and about my mom and dad too.. same pinch:)nicely put swati

Liza on Maui said...

This is honoring to your parents. Print a copy for them - it's a nice poem.

WhatsInAName said...

Wow.. if this is supposed to be horrible, girl, you have not read poems from me :P
But you are so right. Parents are the best friends indeed.

Anchal said...

Beautiful poem!

Collection Of Stars said...

This is so sweet Swati :)

b+ (Retire In Style Blog) said...

Your parents are very lucky to have a daughter light you as a friends. I know I would feel that way.

b

LA Nickers said...

What a lovely blog and tribute!

Blessings,
Linda

INTEGRITY, at NICKERS AND INK

Tammie Lee said...

you did not need to say who they were. So wonderful that you feel as you do about your parents!

Sweet honoring!

danni said...

what a special tribute - you are all 3 very lucky for sure!!!

Swati said...

Thank you everyone ..yeah I am really lucky to have what I have :)

2lc said...

bowled over!