Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Brother's Wedding And Related Thoughts

Preparing for my brother's wedding is what's all over my mind these days. He is my only sibling and so this is the most awaited event for us after my wedding.

Wedding is in Feburary first week and we managed to get 6 days off.Which ofcourse does not sound sufficient to my brother and my parents.But we could not manage more.

This will the first wedding for Anupam and Aryan in my side of family and so perhaps Anupam is all the more excited. He wants to be at his best and wants to make Aryan a prince charming. And this has resulted in a LONG LONG shopping list.

Men are men when it comes to shopping.So inspite of everything, shopping is irritating for both the men in my household. I really wish to order and get delivered , apparels and accessories just as grocery :-) As of now , every weekend goes in shopping and handling two irritated and tired men :D

Aryan will get lot of attention. I am thrilled at the thought of his reaction to the attention and the people. At the same time I am worried. As of now he demands lot of attention from me. If he gets clingy to me during the wedding, it will be tiresome. Being the only sister , I would be needed in almost all the ceremonies and it will not be fun for anyone if I will have a clingy /crying toddler with me. Just hoping for the best.

Having a new member in the family is always a mixed feeling. She is sweet and cheerful. She is mature and smart. I hope ,I wish and I believe that she would gel along well with our family, Keep our fingers crossed.

My brother is not too younger to me.In fact we have never shared a Elder Sister-Younger Brother kind of relationship. But still , inspite of me being married , it is hard to imagine that he is getting married. I mean , I never thought he is such a grown up boy. I know he is 28 , I know he is mature , I know he is intelligent, I know he is settled in his job , but MARRIAGE ? It is funny , and I wonder how would my parents feel to see us getting married , when even I feel the way I do :-) And I wonder , will I be ever able to imagine Aryan growing too old to get married. Infact , I guess now I know why mothers get insecure with daughter in laws ...hehhehe.
But fact is life moves on faster than we can imagine. No wonder I would be writing the story after their wedding in an year or two ;-)

As of now , I wish them all the best. May they continue to find love , happiness and solace in each other's company forever.

3 comments:

Aryan-Arjun said...

Enjoy the marriage swathi...I also just cannot imagine Aryan getting married and we becoming MILS..funny it is..
Life is a circle..
Aryan's mom

Timepass said...

Convey my best wishes to ur bro and bhabhi for a happy married life. Have fun shopping first and then at the wedding..

~nm said...

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time! Stop worrying. Remember what a good boy he was on the engagement when he slept through for so long? :D