Monday, December 3, 2007

One Memorable Day

My marriage was a typical Indian arranged marriage , though we did fall in love with each other soon ,way too early to our own expectations. So the arranged marriage did convert into a love marriage and I did write the story here.

He was in a different city and me in another and engagement for us was an opportunity to meet after 1.5 months.It was a sunny winter afternoon.I was sitting in a room and could see the main gate. My eyes waited for the guests to arrive. When they arrived , I could see a pair of eyes looking desperately for someone. I enjoyed those moments.Amongst all the traditional ceremonies , we stole some glances.Somehow , we managed to steal 5 minutes from everyone and chat.

Later those 5 minutes became a reason for being teased by both of ours siblings and cousins.My husband says , that I looked pretty and glamorous and probably I looked the best in my life on that day.And how can I deny ? :-P

It surely was one of the few most memorable days of my life.

(Mnamma : This one was for you)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So lovely Swati, it was so nice to read this the first thing in the morning...

How do we know said...

CHO CHWEET!

Aryan-Arjun said...

Cool Swathi..Just happened to see your blog.
Have a great life ahead...and you are still looking the best...

Pixie said...

So nice and romantic! :-)

DDmom said...

Very sweet..
hey, I hadn't updated my reader with your new blog address, no wonder I did not see any posts from you. I kept thinking you are still vacationing. Will catch up with your other posts, hope you had a gala time..

Swati said...

Thank you all :)

mnamma said...

Swati,
That was so very sweet! Mine was an arranged marriage too and I could so much relate to what you said in the other post. Phone conversations getting longer and longer and you both becoming the best of friends. Thanks for sharing :)

Guruprasad said...

read both the posts :-)

there was an article which i read recently which said that the proportion of divorce applications was higher among couples who had love marriages than among arranged marriages. (this article was specific to mumbai, but i am sure it is the case in most other cities too.)

i guess the biggest reason is that in arranged marriages you go in with fewer expectations. which results in fewer disappointments also.

but in love marriages, i think, the disappointments start becoming bigger if the expectations are not handled well.

i'd like to wish you ther very best for the future. may you have many more wonderful aniversaries. and may nothing come in between to sour this beautiful relationship!

Timepass said...

nice post

Anonymous said...

Sweet post, I could visualise you blusinh :)